It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sharing iterations across projects

Mike Shkolnik (9808160143) | asked Aug 26 '13, 5:10 p.m.
I have a master project and a consumer project setup. The consumer project shows the roles, item types, and workflows of the master like it should. I want to also share the iterations of the master project with the consumer project. Is there any way to do that or do I need to manually recreate all the iterations and manually set "current" in both projects at each iteration change?

2 answers

permanent link
Parker Dunton (4064) | answered Aug 26 '13, 5:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mike,

Yes, you would need to manually recreate all the iterations and manually set "current" in both projects at each iteration change. Iterations are not part of process sharing currently. Iteration types are however, so if you use those for your process configuration in each iteration, you will only have to update that in the master project.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 26 '13, 9:43 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I agree this is desirable.   I've submitted work item Allow two different project areas to share the same timeline (277776) for this capability.   Please feel free to add a comment to this work item to indicate your interest/support.

Cheers,
Geoff

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.