It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Repository permissions / LDAP security groups

Jeff Foege (45266960) | asked Aug 23 '13, 1:26 p.m.
 We recently had some LDAP changes happen, where they moved it to a different data center. We used to be able to verify what a user's repository permissions where by looking up their name on the server. Except I've noticed that after the data center switch none of the users are showing which security groups they are in. They can still sign in ok but I can't seem to verify which groups they are in anymore. I thought I would post something here in case someone had a good idea or experienced this as well. I'm going to talk to one of our LDAP people next week and wanted to gather as much info as possible.

thanks!
jeff

2 answers

permanent link
Jeff Foege (45266960) | answered Aug 26 '13, 5:53 p.m.
I figured I would respond to my thread with the solution. When the IT team changed the LDAP settings I updated the server.xml file for RTC, RQM & JTS. However I noticed this morning that if I signed into the JTS server through a browser and looked at the settings I saw that it was never updated. Once I updated the settings through the web then the security groups started showing up again when I look up a user's permissions. 

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Aug 23 '13, 2:22 p.m.
If server means 'LDAP server" then I would do a sanity check to ensure the same jazzadmin groups that existed in the previous LDAP server still exist.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.