It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC component history and change set history

Ratheesh Madathil (1371728) | asked Aug 23 '13, 9:57 a.m.

We can see the history of baselines and we can see the history of change sets but not both. I would really like to see a history that combined change sets and baselines in the same view.

This would give an overview of which changes set are part of which baseline.

Is there a way?

Thanks a lot!.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 23 '13, 2:51 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Create a stream (called, for example, "InitialStream") and populate it with the initial baseline of each of the components in your stream.   To get a "combined view" of both baselines and activities in your stream, make your stream a flow target of InitialStream, and show InitialStream in the Pending Changes view.   This will show you the change sets of your stream, grouped under the baselines that contain them.
Ratheesh Madathil selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Aug 26 '13, 2:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can also show the baselines of a component and select one to compare to another component.

Note that if you intend to ask for an enhancement for a view that shows both, the view will likely require context (i.e. a stream or workspace). Without context, the view would be quite complicated and I'm not sure if it would make much sense.

permanent link
Jeff Foege (45266960) | answered Aug 23 '13, 1:31 p.m.
 No there isn't. I would file an enhancement request.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.