It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Created a custom attribute and it neither available for selection in the query result column nor in the Web UI

Mostafa Radwan (1158) | asked Aug 22 '13, 6:11 p.m.
Hi Folks,

I Created a custom attribute (Type: Enumeration) and it neither available for selection in the query result column nor in the Web UI. It shows up successfully when I open up a Work item in the Eclipse client . Also the following programmatic check fails . I made sure to synchronize attributes after the creation of the custom attribute. Please advise.

IAttribute someAttribute= workItemClient.findAttribute(projectArea, "classification", pm);

if (workItem.hasAttribute(someAttribute)) {
                Object value = workItem.getValue(someAttribute);   

System.out.println(" found");
            }

Regards,
 Mostafa

Comments
Mostafa Radwan commented Aug 22 '13, 6:14 p.m. | edited Aug 22 '13, 6:19 p.m.

This is RTC v3.0.0.1

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Aug 23 '13, 7:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mostafa,

This article walks you through how to create custom attributes:  https://jazz.net/library/article/1003/#customattributes.  As your attribute is being displayed in the work item, you've likely completed all of the steps, but you may want to double check.

This post points out that the attribute may not be displayed in previously created queries and that you need to be sure to select the option Choose Custom: https://jazz.net/library/article/1003/#customattributes.
Mostafa Radwan selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Aug 23 '13, 8:00 a.m.
Since you wrote that the Web UI (I am assuming: work item editor) is also not showing the attribute, can you please confirm that you created an editor presentation for the attribute?
Also, is Eclipse client WI editor showing the attribute?

Comments
Mostafa Radwan commented Aug 23 '13, 12:41 p.m.

Thank you guys . I was able to get it to show up after editing the presentation.

Programmaticly, I had to use IWorkItem.FULL_PROFILE to be able to get the custom attribute value.

Thanks again.

Regards,
 Mostafa

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.