It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to create Reports or Widgets that pull data from an RTC Project and an RQM Project ?

Luis Alberto Alvarez Carmona (31124) | asked Aug 22 '13, 5:50 p.m.
retagged Aug 27 '13, 2:58 p.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)

Recently I've been implementing an RQM Project in my department. Our Testing Process is defined in base of a group of work items created in one project in RTC.  That's represents the need for us to constantly watch out for specific fields ans status in RTC Project in order to start testing in RQM project.   So I wonder if there a way or tool that can offer the chance to create Reports or Widgets  that pull data from an RTC Project and an RQM Project  (like join queries between RTC Project and RQM Project )

Let me know if you need more details.   

2 answers

permanent link
Georg Kellner (840378108) | answered Aug 23 '13, 2:10 a.m.
This should be a job for RRDI.
RRDI can get and save infos from all JAZZ-tools and combine them in reports/metrics.

greetings georg.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Aug 23 '13, 11:12 a.m.

Not an RRDI expert, but won't this depend on one's CLM topology. e.g. a "full" CLM with jts,ccm,qm would be a minimum requirement or possibly a JTS  with the CCM, QM registered.  However,  don't RTC, QM have different reporting packages ? When I ask RRDI to go to Report Studio for example, I need to pick 1 package ( could be wrong on this one )

Luis Alberto Alvarez Carmona commented Aug 26 '13, 10:04 a.m.

Thank you Georg and Kevin ......  I' m  taking a look for at the option presented by  Stéphane .  rigth after  I will assess  the opcion of going for RRDI

Thanks

permanent link
Stephane Leroy (1.4k149) | answered Aug 26 '13, 8:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Luis,

some OOTB reports includes traceability between RQM/RRC/RTC artefacts. Have you checked them already ?
If not, I suggest you have a check at this blog post:
http://sleroyblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/landing-page-clm-reporting-rrdi-insight/#ootb_reports

Regards,
Stéphane

Comments
Luis Alberto Alvarez Carmona commented Aug 26 '13, 10:01 a.m.

Thank you Stéphane 

I appreciate your time for answering 

I will check  link you mention.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.