It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How does a change set ever get delivered to the stream if I deliver it to another developer's workspace as my flow target?

Abe Roba (1012031) | asked Aug 21 '13, 5:37 p.m.
edited Aug 22 '13, 9:20 a.m. by Tim Mok (6.6k38)
How does a change set ever get delivered to the stream if I deliver it to another developer's workspace as my flow target?  Is the other developer responsible for delivering it to the stream eventually after they accept the incoming change from my delivery.  Do I remove it from my repository workspace at that point? 

2 answers

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Aug 21 '13, 8:15 p.m.
edited Aug 21 '13, 8:20 p.m.
In the scenario described above.  I beleive the developer would need to create a new change set and then deliver to the stream.

Normally, your workspace and the developers  workspace should both have a flow target to the same stream.  Once the changeset is delivered to the stream, it will then flow to the developers workspace repository where he can accept.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 21 '13, 9:44 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
First, note that you cannot deliver a change set to another developer's workspace.
In order to get a change set into another developer's workspace, that other developer must accept that change set into their workspace.
But let's assume the other developer accepted the change set into their workspace.
Then either they or you could deliver it to the stream (it doesn't matter which of you does).
And there's no reason to delete it from your workspace (unless for some reason you no longer want to see that change in your workspace).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.