It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

The integration between RTC 4.0.3 eclipse client with eclipse-based IDE

Michael yang (62105) | asked Aug 21 '13, 2:12 a.m.
One customer's IDE is eclipse-based IDE, named UAP(Unified Application Platform). The based eclipse version is 3.7.2. I can install RTC p2 plugin into UAP successfully and RTC icon can be see in "About" dialog. But RTC's "work item" perspective can not be seen. I have used "-clean" options to startup the IDE.

How to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot.

Michael

RTC icon in UAP IDE.

2 answers

permanent link
Michael yang (62105) | answered Aug 21 '13, 6:08 a.m.
Hi Pradeep,

Based on your suggestion, I found the root cause if JRE version. The default version JRE  of UAP IDE is 1.5. After I modified the INI file as below, I can see Work item perspective now.

-vm
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin

Thank you very much.

Michael

permanent link
Pradeep Balachandran (663) | answered Aug 21 '13, 5:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Here are a few things you can try to help narrow down the issue.
  1. Click on the RTC icon you high-lighted in the first screen-shot and verify it lists "Rational Team Concert" feature.
  2. Look at the Preferences - Window > Preferences > Work Items. If you don't see "Work Items" or "Team > Jazz Source Control", etc. this means RTC plugins are not installed properly.
The fact that you are not even seeing "Work Items" perspective in the list, says either the installation wasn't successful or it was ignored when being loaded. If you are able to see RTC listed as a feature (step #1 above), I would say installation was successful.

One of the reasons for a plugin to be ignored is due to the Execution environment not meeting the minimum requirement. For example, if UAP is using a JRE that is less what RTC needs, those plugins will be ignored.

What is the JRE being used? I believe RTC requires minimum 1.6.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.