It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to "tag" a file and then query/look for files based on that "tag"?

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Aug 20 '13, 9:08 p.m.
In our current source repository, we can set properties on an individual file and one of the ones we set is a flag to indicate that the file contains text that must be translated into foreign languages (like messages).

As we move into RTC, is there any way to indicate that a flag contains translateable text and then query/find all of the files based on that tag? 

Susan

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Aug 20 '13, 9:57 p.m.

More on this ... it seems that I can set "User Properties" on a file that is within my workspace ... since files have a set of attributes.

However, I don't know how then I would get a list of files with that property.

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 20 '13, 11:05 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can set user properties on a file which are stored with the new version created by checking in that file, but you cannot modify those properties on the version.   You can ask a file version what its properties are, but you cannot query for all file versions with a specified set of properties.
The work item for the ability to query for file versions with a specified set of properties is: Support query on properties of a versionable state (266403)
The work item for the ability to modify a property on a file version is: Provide modifiable properties on a versionable state (220897)
Neither of these work items are currently in plan, so if you need either of these functions, please add a comment to the appropriate work item(s) indicating your interest/support

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Aug 20 '13, 9:55 p.m.
I have not seen any way to add attributes (tags) to files.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.