It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unavailability for sprint (Work environment)

varun ibm (611722) | asked Aug 20 '13, 8:08 a.m.
Hi all,

I am using rtc 4.0 and I would like to know if there is a way if I could enter my unavailability for sprint in hours(example : 2 or 3 hours) instead a whole day. If I go to work environment I can only make a whole day as unavailable.

Please let me know how this could be achieved.

Note : This should also make impact on the plan scheduler.

Thanks in advance

Accepted answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Aug 20 '13, 8:52 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The scheduled absences only allows for days, but in the description you could specify the duration in hours. This would not affect the plan scheduler however.
This is a good candidate for an Enhancement request. I would recommend you open up an Enhancement work item.
varun ibm selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
varun ibm commented Aug 20 '13, 9:13 a.m.

Thanks Stephanie. Can you please share the link where I can raise an enhancement for the same ?

Stephanie Bagot commented Aug 20 '13, 9:16 a.m.

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem&type=enhancement&ts=13770045842570

varun ibm commented Aug 20 '13, 9:24 a.m.

Thank you so much!

varun ibm commented Aug 21 '13, 2:07 a.m.

One more question for you Stephanie. 

Is it possible for the whole scrum team to enter the unavailability for entire day ? Instead each one doing it individually ?

Stephanie Bagot commented Aug 21 '13, 9:38 a.m.

The availability must be configured on a per-person basis. There is no configuration to set unavailability for the entire team.

One other answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 21 '13, 10:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
For absences shorter than a day, the easiest approach is to either create a task for that absence, set to the number of hours of the absence (if it is just absence for a single day), or to adjust the percentage time assigned to that team area (if it is a repeated absence for multiple consecutive days).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.