It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unavailability for sprint (Work environment)

varun ibm (611722) | asked Aug 20 '13, 8:08 a.m.
Hi all,

I am using rtc 4.0 and I would like to know if there is a way if I could enter my unavailability for sprint in hours(example : 2 or 3 hours) instead a whole day. If I go to work environment I can only make a whole day as unavailable.

Please let me know how this could be achieved.

Note : This should also make impact on the plan scheduler.

Thanks in advance

Accepted answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Aug 20 '13, 8:52 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The scheduled absences only allows for days, but in the description you could specify the duration in hours. This would not affect the plan scheduler however.
This is a good candidate for an Enhancement request. I would recommend you open up an Enhancement work item.
varun ibm selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
varun ibm commented Aug 20 '13, 9:13 a.m.

Thanks Stephanie. Can you please share the link where I can raise an enhancement for the same ?

Stephanie Bagot commented Aug 20 '13, 9:16 a.m.

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem&type=enhancement&ts=13770045842570

varun ibm commented Aug 20 '13, 9:24 a.m.

Thank you so much!

varun ibm commented Aug 21 '13, 2:07 a.m.

One more question for you Stephanie. 

Is it possible for the whole scrum team to enter the unavailability for entire day ? Instead each one doing it individually ?

Stephanie Bagot commented Aug 21 '13, 9:38 a.m.

The availability must be configured on a per-person basis. There is no configuration to set unavailability for the entire team.

One other answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 21 '13, 10:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
For absences shorter than a day, the easiest approach is to either create a task for that absence, set to the number of hours of the absence (if it is just absence for a single day), or to adjust the percentage time assigned to that team area (if it is a repeated absence for multiple consecutive days).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.