It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Backing up and restoring Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management applications

vinay kumar nukala (4236672) | asked Aug 20 '13, 5:45 a.m.
Back up

I am trying to take the back up from System1 and restore the data in System2:
I have taken the following files from system1 as backup:
1. C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\repotools, complete repotools folder.
2.C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\derby  complete derby database for jts and ccm.
3. C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\work  complete work folder.
4.C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\conf\tomcat-users.

Restore
I have installed RTC in System2 and directly replaced the above location files in the respective locations.
I started the server and trying to setup the server. I am getting the following database error.

The configured database lock id does not match the lock id in the database. This can happen if 2 applications or Jazz Team Servers are trying to access the same set of tables, or if the lock id was overwritten or lost in the teamserver.properties configuration file. Check the server configuration and the database connection spec and ensure they are correct. To recover from an emergency lockout, the lock can be reset using the 'repotools -resetRepoLockId' command. Check the log file for information on the affected database.ID CRJAZ1770E

Please help me..

2 answers

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Aug 20 '13, 8:23 a.m.
See the following article to get details on what files need to be backed up to allow a restore at a future date.
https://jazz.net/library/article/795/

permanent link
Steven Beard (112) | answered Nov 08 '13, 7:00 a.m.
edited Nov 08 '13, 7:01 a.m.
The Backing up the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) article has been migrated to the Deployment wiki where it will be further updated and maintained going forward.

This wiki was established as a single repository for Rational deployment guidance and best practices for customers, IBM Business Partners, and Rational staff beyond the basic product and support documentation. Please have a look, suggest new content and get involved!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.