It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BIRT - Table Join between LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT (WORKITEMS_SNAPSHOT) and LINKS (COMMON_SNAPSHOT) does not work.

Fábio Castro (6311215) | asked Aug 19 '13, 7:18 a.m.
I'm using RTC 4.0.2

I have 2 main WI types, Requirement and Defect, and WI type task are added as child of this main WI.

I want to create a report that show total of Tak Sizes (Task attribute)  each main WI (Requirement or Defect) and the total of Expended Value (task attribute). When I "link" LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT with LINKS table by "nested tables" it works but I'm not able to sum the size and expended value of child task WI.

I think that the solution will be create a join Data Set between Child WIs and Links, and than create a nested tables with Parent WIs and Join Data, but the join between Child WIs and links does not work, the columns of LINKS Table come empty.

I can not understand how Nested Tables works but Join does not work. Someone can help me?

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Fábio Castro (6311215) | answered Aug 19 '13, 10:06 a.m.
Just to complement, if I add a TARGET_ITEMID parameter in LINKS table with a Parent WI_ITEMID, in the join between Child WIs and LINKS, the LINKS columns of this requirement child WIs appear filled out. But If i remove the TARGET_ITEMID parameter, LINKS columns appear empty for all WIs child.

With Parent WI_ITEMID in the TARGET_ITEMID parameter of LINKS Table
Join
Join Parameters
Join Result

WithOUT Parent WI_ITEMID in the TARGET_ITEMID parameter of LINKS Table
Join
Join Parameters
Join Result

permanent link
Fábio Castro (6311215) | answered Sep 20 '13, 8:30 p.m.
I found the solution for join between 2 workitem data set... I did it using LIVE_SNAPSHOT to link table. with it the join table worked.

Actually the LIVE_SNAPSHOT fix others issues with join table, to get Iterations plan start and end date.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.