It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to start JAZZ server 4.0.3

Neal Schrauf (678) | asked Aug 17 '13, 12:09 p.m.
2013-08-17 10:40:18,172 [       Launch callback handler] ERROR eam.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService  - CRJAZ0291I Failed to start the bundle "com.ibm.team.repository.service 1.2.1400.v20130511_2355".
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: State change in progress for bundle "file:/C%3a/PROGRA~1/IBM/JAZZTE~1.0/server/conf/jazz/sites/update-site/plugins/com.ibm.team.repository.service_1.2.1400.v20130511_2355.jar" by thread "Start Level Event Dispatcher".
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.beginStateChange(AbstractBundle.java:1077)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:282)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:276)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.startFeatureBundles(ProvisionService.java:1376)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.startFeatureBundles(ProvisionService.java:1331)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.startFeatureBundles(ProvisionService.java:1331)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfiles(ProvisionService.java:1046)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfileNoWait(ProvisionService.java:1143)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfile(ProvisionService.java:1081)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromContextConfigurationUrl(ProvisionService.java:1160)
    at com.ibm.team.jfs.app.install.Activator$1.run(Activator.java:172)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:738)
Caused by: org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle$BundleStatusException
    ... 14 more
2013-08-17 10:40:23,924 [Component Resolve Thread (Bundle 80)]  INFO nternal.OverridablePropertyFileServerConfiguration  -
 To submit questions about issues, go to the Jazz.net forum at https://jazz.net/forum.
 To find more information about a message, see the CLM Messages Information Center at
 https://jazz.net/help-dev/CLMErrorMessages/index.jsp.
2013-08-17 10:40:23,924 [Component Resolve Thread (Bundle 80)]  INFO nternal.OverridablePropertyFileServerConfiguration  - CRJAZ1363I Loading the configuration from "file:/C%3a/PROGRA~1/IBM/JAZZTE~1.0/server/conf/jazz/teamserver.properties".

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Aug 17 '13, 4:07 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello
Whenever I see this problem, it has resolved itself by reprovisioning the WAR files associated with the applications.  With the Tomcat version, I delete the work folder and sometimes also the directory under the webapps directory that corresponds to the WAR file.  For WAS, there is another cache directory structure that can be reset by delete. I think the folder is called wscache.

Hope this helps. If it does, please accept the answer.
Neal Schrauf selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Neal Schrauf commented Aug 19 '13, 1:05 p.m.

Thanks Rosa.  Just to clarify.  You indicated that I should delete:
1) work directory under Tomcat (i.e. C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer_4.0\server\tomcat\work)
2) the directories under Tomcat webapps directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer_4.0\server\tomcat\webapps)
Then, restart JAZZ 4.0.3 server.  Sound about right?

Rosa Naranjo commented Aug 19 '13, 2:25 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

1 - Yes. 

2 - you should only delete the folders under webapps that correspond to the WAR files deployed by the Jazz applications.  for ex., jts, ccm, qm. Don't delete the folder called ROOT.

Neal Schrauf commented Aug 20 '13, 12:55 a.m.

Thanks Rosa.  JAZZ server is starting now.  Regarding #2, I deleted the files (war files) directly under the Tomcat webapps directory, but none of the sub folders or files under the sub folders.  That seemed to do the trick.  Thanks for your help.

One other answer

permanent link
SEC Servizi (97123559) | answered May 07 '15, 9:47 a.m.
We are on RTC v4.0.7 and we are facing the same exception:
CRJAZ0291E Non è stato possibile avviare il seguente bundle: com.ibm.team.repository.service 1.3.0.v20140626_0050. Potrebbe essere necessario fornire o installare nuovamente il server.
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: State change in progress for bundle "file:/D:/IBMJAZZ407/JazzTeamServer/server/conf/jazz/sites/update-site/plugins/com.ibm.team.repository.service_1.3.0.v20140626_0050.jar" by thread "Start Level Event Dispatcher".
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.beginStateChange(AbstractBundle.java:1077)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:282)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:276)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.startFeatureBundles(ProvisionService.java:1376)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfiles(ProvisionService.java:1046)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfileNoWait(ProvisionService.java:1143)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfile(ProvisionService.java:1081)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromContextConfigurationUrl(ProvisionService.java:1160)
at com.ibm.team.jfs.app.install.Activator$1.run(Activator.java:172)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:761)
Caused by: org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle$BundleStatusException
... 14 more
We would try your solution but we do not understand which is the right solution for #2:
#2 - you should only delete the folders under webapps that correspond to the WAR files deployed by the Jazz applications.  for ex., jts, ccm, qm. Don't delete the folder called ROOT. 
Regarding #2, I deleted the files (war files) directly under the Tomcat webapps directory, but none of the sub folders or files under the sub folders.  That seemed to do the trick.
Should we delete the /JazzTeamServer/server/tomcat/webapps/jazz folder or the /JazzTeamServer/server/tomcat/webapps/jazz.war file?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers.

Comments
Neal Schrauf commented May 07 '15, 11:26 a.m.

Although I dealt with this issue a long time ago, I don't believe I deleted any of the folders, just the war files under (i.e. ,,,\server\tomcat\webapps) and restarted the jazz server.  I believe tomcat redeployed the war files and then the JAZZ server started up fine.  Hope this helps.

SEC Servizi commented May 12 '15, 6:21 a.m.

We deleted the /JazzTeamServer/server/tomcat/temp folder to resolve the issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.