It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Known error? error when running a saved query with parameters in web client

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Aug 17 '13, 1:47 a.m.
edited Aug 17 '13, 1:50 a.m.
I've created a query that takes an input parameter (Status = Unresolved and Owned By =  and then click the value provided when query is run)

If I run it in the eclipse client from my My Queries list, it prompts me for the parameter and runs fine.

If I go to the web client and do Work Items -> My Queries and select it from the list, it says "Error! Error running query".

If from the My Queries list in the web client I click the pencil (Edit) and don't edit anything but only click the Run button, it prompts me for the input values and runs fine.

I am on 4.0.0.1.  Is this a known problem with the web client and if so, can someone point me to the work item?  If not, I can open a PMR.

Susan

Accepted answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Aug 17 '13, 10:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Susan,

I just created the same query under the current 4.0.4 running on jazz.net and was able to execute the dynamic query successfully in the web browser from different starting points.
Probably best if you open a PMR against 4.0.0.1. Before that you might want to test with a different browser to be sure.

If this answers your question please mark the answer as accepted.

Best,
Arne
Susan Hanson selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Aug 17 '13, 9:58 p.m.

Thanks, I also have confirmed that it works on jazz.net using the same browser, so it is  a bug in 4001.  I've opened a PMR (since our hosting team doesn't support 404 yet).

One other answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Aug 18 '13, 3:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Susan,

doing some more digging I came across defect 255708 which describes your findings. It has been marked as duplicate of a resolved defect. You might want to open a PMR to request a backport of that fix for 4.0.0.1

thanks,
Arne

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Aug 18 '13, 10:28 p.m.

Thanks!  this gives me a good workaround since instead of 1 query, I just did 3 different queries and removed all of the ORs.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.