It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM v4.0.2 How to use RRC effectively?

Li Chen (11923742) | asked Aug 16 '13, 11:04 p.m.
retagged Aug 27 '13, 2:54 p.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)
In RQM v4 with RRC, we link Requirement Collection to a test plan, link Requirement to a test case. When linking requirements to a test plan, we cannot link the associated test cases to the test plan. And there is no way we can select many test cases and link a requirement to it.

We have to do the link one by one. If we upload 10000 test cases, we have to link 10000 times manually.

Is there a better way of doing this?

2 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Aug 20 '13, 10:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In the V4.0.4 help there are these topics that you might find useful:

Generating test cases for requirements in requirement collections in the Requirements Management application

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_gen_tcs_reqcolls_tps_rm.html&scope=null

Also if you want to Associate multiple requirements to a test case there is this topic

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/c_compose_reqs.html&scope=null

where CTRL is used to link multiple requirements

Comments
Li Chen commented Aug 21 '13, 3:46 p.m.

Thanks Robin, we are not using this use case because we have more than 10 thousand test cases each month, that means we cannot manually generate one by one, we can only upload test cases from spreadsheet. If we put the requirement ID in the spreadsheet I guess we can manipulate the REST API and link the test cases to the requirement at uploading time? The REST API should have this function, am I right?

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Aug 20 '13, 7:42 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This scenario is supported.  If you cannot associate a test case to a test plan after associating requirement collections/requirements to the test plan/case, it appears to be a defect.

Also, you can associate multiple test cases with a required in the requirement editor in RRC.

Comments
Li Chen commented Aug 21 '13, 3:32 p.m.

Thanks for letting me know that it is done in RRC. I encountered this problem when doing it.

ID CRRRW7253W  The link from the other server to this server could not be created because the other server is not available or communication with it has failed.

Li Chen commented Aug 21 '13, 3:49 p.m.

I added 15 test cases to a requirement, then only 9 are linked successfully, the rest failed to be linked.

I can manage to add the 9 to a test plan, that is great.

Paul Slauenwhite commented Aug 26 '13, 9:48 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This appears to be either a server communication issue (e.g. network issue, target server down, etc.) or a product defect.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.