It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Changing the work item presentation editor: How does it affect the old work items?

John Bryan Sazon (341823) | asked Aug 16 '13, 4:22 a.m.
retagged Aug 17 '13, 11:13 a.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)
 Hi, I would like to know if all work items will be Synchronized after changing something, for example adding a new field on a work item. RTC version is 3.0. Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
VK L (8177155159) | answered Aug 16 '13, 4:36 a.m.
 Hi John,
               No, you need to manually synchronize the old (or) existing workitems after every change. Only new items will pick up the changes automatically.

Thanks.

Comments
John Bryan Sazon commented Aug 16 '13, 4:43 a.m.

Hi, I did a change on a work item editor that has a thousand related work items and then I did a query to search some work items, and the changes I did was already applied. I haven't done any manual synchronization. Is there a configuration that automatically sync the work item after editing its presentation?  

VK L commented Aug 16 '13, 4:47 a.m.

No, there is no setting. Depends on the changes that you perform. If you add new attributes and then include them in the editor, then you need to manually synchronize. It synchronizes automatically for presentation-changes alone.

Thanks.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Aug 16 '13, 2:37 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You need to distinguish modifying the work item editor of a work item type from modifying the data schema of a work item type.    There is one current instance of a work item editor for a work item type, so when you modify that, the modified editor is what is used for all instanced of that work item type.   When you add a new attribute to the data schema of a work item type, that has no effect on existing instances of that work item type, and has to be explicitly applied to them.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.