It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

read only integer attributes not read only in browser client

Lewis Tsao (2174962) | asked Aug 15 '13, 12:05 p.m.
Hi I am using RTC 4.0.3. It appears that there is a bug with making integer attributes read only in browser client.

I have custom string and integer attributes.
I have made them read only in presentation editor.
In Eclipse client, both interger and string fields are read only.
In browser client, only string field is read only, but interger field writable (and if modified can be saved).

If this is a bug, I will need to raise a defect.

One answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Aug 16 '13, 4:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I tested it with following steps and see that the Read-Only functions as expected. 

1.  Created a New Custom Attribute of type Integer in Task Work Item from Scrum PA
2.  Added a presentation for it with
-  Kind : Integer
-  ReadOnly : true (modified it from the default "Inherit from Attribute")
3.  Created a work item in Eclipse Client and I cannot add any value to the field added in step 2
4.  Opened the same work item in Web Client and see the same behavior - I cannot edit it.

If its the same steps you follow and still it fails to maintain read-only, I would suggest raising a ticket with Support with your observations on any PA created using OOTB process template.

Further, I reverted the attribute presentation to read write by modifying ReadOnly to false and I was able to successfully edit the value.

Later, I modified attribute to ReadOnly and kept the presentation to Inherit from attribute.  I wasn't able to edit.
with attribute ReadOnly, I modified the presentation with ReadOnly:false, the presentation for the field shows up greyed out and again I was not able to edit.

So, since my observations show expected behavior, what we are seeing is more possibly a configuration issue rather than a defect.  Please review your configuration again.

Comments
Lewis Tsao commented Aug 16 '13, 7:23 a.m.

Thank you very much for your comprehensive reply.

There is one thing I forgot to mention and means more work for you.

We have a "master" process project and "slave" projects using process from master project.

The mod is made in the master project. Wonder if this makes any difference.

Apologies I forgot to mention this.

Lewis Tsao commented Aug 21 '13, 12:00 p.m.

Oops...
Many apologies, just discovered we are actually using RTC 4.0.1. Is this a bug in 4.0.1.

Apologies sending you round a wild goose chase.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.