It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DW Empty after Data Collection Jobs Run

Alastair Beadle (19411218) | asked Aug 14 '13, 12:01 p.m.
Hi,
I have a Websphere/DB2/RRDI setup recently installed but it looks like the Data Warehouse is remaining empty even after the data collection jobs have run - a Query Studio query on Requirement Area/Requirement/Name always returns 'No Data Available' and looking at the Requirement table in the DW database in DB2 I can see no entries.
There is data in a single RM project and the etl_user is a member of that project and has the data collection license allocated. The data collection jobs are running with no errors shown and the jts-etl.log does not seem to contain any errors
Any thoughts on what might be going wrong? Is the jts-etl.log the only place data collection errors would be reported? (There is no rm-etl.log - I assume the requirement data collection logs to jts-etl.log?).
Ali

Comments
Francesco Chiossi commented Aug 15 '13, 7:27 a.m. | edited Aug 15 '13, 12:52 p.m.

Hello Ali,

you are right on the jts-etl.log, as the RM data collection is handled by JTS.

About the settings for the etl_user, the only ther thing that I would verify is that it has JazzAdmin repository permissions.

Do you get data for any other object in the data warehouse, like projects, requests or test cases, or is it completely empty?

Best Regards
Francesco

Erica Tran commented Aug 16 '13, 3:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello,

If you're not seeing any errors and it appears to be completing successfully, maybe additional logging may help.  In the ..\server\conf\jts\log4j.properties file there is an ETL section.  There are a line for detailed RM debug info that is commented out.  Remove the comment save and restart the server for the logging change to take effect then try to run the ETL jobs again.

log4j.logger.com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.rrc=DEBUG, etl

Hopefully additional messages will be logged helping you identify the problem.

Andal Prassan commented Aug 20 '13, 1:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

can you check if there status is 1 for the jobs run in CONFIG.ETL_INFO table ? could you please check if jobs were successful from the data collection status page ?

2 answers

permanent link
Alastair Beadle (19411218) | answered Aug 20 '14, 11:41 a.m.
OK, to close this one down: it appears that a configuration error during set-up meant that the DW data was being written into the RM database. I think this occurred by me entering the RM database name into the con figuration wizard when it was asking for the DW database.
The system has been taken down and rebuild (without a DW or RRDI at the moment as the complexities of the installation currently outweigh our desire fro their capabilities) and is running OK.

Comments
Francesco Chiossi commented Aug 20 '14, 12:10 p.m.

Thanks a lot for sharing the cause of the problem and the solution, Ali!

permanent link
Philip Johnson (30910) | answered Aug 27 '13, 10:18 a.m.
 Hi Ali,

Have you tested RRDI to confirm that it is successfully connecting to the RIDW?

Thanks,
Phil

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.