It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC SVN Importer not creating baselines

Girish Mohite (21278) | asked Aug 13 '13, 6:20 p.m.
retagged Aug 21 '13, 10:22 a.m. by Remy Suen (426124)
Hi

I am performing a SVN dump import in RTC from files produced from perforce and SVN .The import runs okay but we see inconsistent results with regards to baselines that are created .Can you please advise us on following

1) Dump file produced from SVN : This dump file that i am trying to import has folder structure such as A/tags,A/trunks,A/branches,B/tags,B/trunks,B/branches and so on.

When i import the trunk from each of the above components(A,B) i expected to see baselines being created for every tag and branch present within them.I see this for most of the components however for one of the component the importer fails to create any baseline.Can you please explain reason for this behaviour ? When i switch on the debugger for branches , the file branchesxxx.tmp does not list any tags or branch information for the component not generating the baselines.

Please note that the multiple imports are being performed using single dump file exported from SVN.

2) Dump file produced from Perforce : In this case the svn dump file was created using p42svn utility.The dump file has folder structure as follows

tags/A/ , and A

The above 2 folders represent tags and trunks respectively.So far we have not seen any baseline being created after the import of this dump file .the only baselines we see are the ones RTC creates in the beginning and end .

One option we have is to import each tag separately from this dump file thus creating required baseline .Please advise if there is an automated way of performing such imports of all tags(about 1500) found in this dump file ?

Thanks in advance

One answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Aug 20 '13, 3:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
A SVN import into RTC is a manual process. You can certainly try to automate it but the flexible nature of SVN means there is no enforced standard of working. The importer assumes certain things when importing a SVN dump and sometimes it makes a wrong assumption. You can still manually import your data by recreating the configuration that the baseline should have recorded. Then import your branch/tag on top of that.

If you want the importer to create the baselines, you will have to contact IBM support for more help. The issue may be a bug or could be a limitation of the importer and support will help you determine what the issue is.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.