It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Looking for a list of work item attribute definitions for the built-in attributes

Donna Thomas (14122548) | asked Aug 13 '13, 9:35 a.m.
retagged Oct 07 '13, 10:41 a.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)
Hi there,

I've been searching through jazz.net and the help for quite a while. I'm looking for a list of definitions for the built-in attributes of work items. In our organization, we are required to document the field definitions of records, and I did find a few. I already have from the RTC help:
  • Summary: A brief headline that identifies the work item.
  • Type: The type of work item, such as Defect, Task, and so on.
  • Severity: An indication of the impact of the work item, such as Minor, Normal, Major, or Critical.
  • Found In: The release that the work item refers to.
  • Filed Against: A category that identifies the component or functional area that the work item belongs to. For example, your project might have GUI, Build, and Documentation categories. Each category is associated with a team area; that team is responsible for responding to the work item.
  • Description: A detailed description of the work item. For example, the description for a defect might include a list of steps to follow to reproduce the defect. Any descriptions that are longer than 32KB are truncated, and the entire description is added as an attachment.
What about all the other built-in fields / attributes? Any direction to links where I can get this information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Donna

Accepted answer

permanent link
Larina Vera (2012) | answered Sep 30 '13, 12:27 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I did a quick search in the Information Center, and couldn't find a concrete list of built-in attributes.  However, I found this topic containing definitions to a large collection of attributes (see the Description column for the definitions), which might contain more attributes than you need.
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.reports.doc/topics/ccm-roles.html

I've opened the following work item for further investigation from the documentation component owner:

https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/282822

Donna Thomas selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Aug 13 '13, 10:31 a.m.
Donna,

if you open a process template editor, you can select a workitem type, and list all the attributes that are featured in that type. As for their meaning, it is actually custom to the process specification, only valid in the context of the process definition.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.