It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How is Work Item Statists Viewlet Label sorted?

DH Lee (25784446) | asked Aug 12 '13, 10:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 I am wanting to change the order of label from "Work Item Statistics" widget. According to https://jazz.net/forum/questions/29822/work-item-statists-viewlet-label-order

"When enumeration type work item parameters are chosen, their sort order depends on how the enumeration is defined."

Therefore From RTC Eclipse client -> open project area configuration -> process configuration tab -> project configuration -> configuration data -> work items -> Enumerations, I changed order for severity. Once this was completed, I was able to see the change reflected when choosing value for Severity in work item and clicking on "select" button for Colour Palette for work item statistic widget. However actual labels displayed on widget were not updated. 

Could someone expend on  "When enumeration type work item parameters are chosen, their sort order depends on how the enumeration is defined."? 

One answer

permanent link
Elisabeth Carbone (616108) | answered Aug 13 '13, 3:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As you mention the sort order of enumerations depends the order you set in the Enumeration configuration. This is true for the drop down box in the WorkItem Editor.

There is no sort or group order for the Work Item Statistics widget. There is an RFE for this:
[Work Item Statistics Viewlet]: Add the ability to customize result group sorting (95106)
Feel free to subscribe to this RFE or comment the RFE and show your interest in implementing it.

/Elisabeth

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.