It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Builds show incorrect start times

Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | asked Aug 12 '13, 2:08 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
When I look at my builds on the RTC client the build start time is incorrect.  It appears to be in a different time zone than what is correct.  How do I update my client time zone?

~Spencer

Accepted answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Aug 12 '13, 2:19 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 The build times are stored as Linux Epoch time on the server.  The client then must interpret that time into an appropriate client presentation.  This is done with the client JVM for the RTC client.  Starting your Eclipse client with the vmargs of -Duser.timezone=<timezone>, will start the client in that timezone.  Look up your timezone for what value to fill into the timezone.

~Spencer
Spencer Murata selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Aug 13 '13, 9:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, the build's start time is recorded as millis-since-epoch, but there's an inconsistency in how that's treated.  It's assigned based on the server's clock, but rendered based on the client machine's clock.  
The timezone conversion should be taken care of by the client already though.
Maybe Eclipse is unable to determine the timezone properly for some reason.  Check what it's choosing for user.timezone in Help > About > Installation Details > Configuration (when not specified with -D, of course).

A separate, known issue is that you can get discrepancies if there's significant clock drift between the client and server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.