It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to edit or delete comments in a JazzHub project

John Schilt (6111822) | asked Aug 07 '13, 8:25 p.m.
I have seen many questions on this topic, most of them 2007 - 2009 vintage.  Overall impression was that we could NOT change (Edit or Delete) comments on a Work Item.

Our question is the same :  can we Edit or Delete comments in Work Items ?

In some of our JazzHub projects, we have hundreds of students in many teams working together, adding comments to their work items. 

With Students, there is a much greater risk of Comments being added that are inappropriate.  It is not about twho entered the comments (ie, audit) but to contain the damage that a comment may make . . . hence the question.

Even with my Jazz Profile (I created the Project and am the Project Administrator) I cannot edit / delete comments.

Is this possible ?  Can we raise this as a concern ?

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jennifer Hayes (561) | answered Aug 08 '13, 9:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
No, you cannot edit or delete work item comments at this time. It is a good idea.
John Schilt selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 07 '13, 9:15 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Last time I checked, the only reliable way to delete comments was to belong to the JazzAdmin repository group.
There was an effort to allow a member of the Administrators of a project area to delete comments of work items that are owned by that project area, but I believe that never really got completed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.