It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Missing some menus with RTC Client for Visual Studio Beta 2

carlos roberto (21443030) | asked Jan 17 '09, 2:50 p.m.
I uninstalled the version Beta 1 of RTC Client form Visual Studio and installed version Beta 2. It looks like to be working fine with Visual Studio and some bugs like missing icons in Solution Explorer were fixed.
But now I can not use RTC to Chek-In operation because the only option that I have in Team option is Apply Patch...
What I mean is that when I open my RTC 1.0.1 and try to use TC to manage my source files, and I right-click a project an choose Team option, the unique option that I have is Apply Patch...
Any idea?
Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jan 19 '09, 4:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I uninstalled the version Beta 1 of RTC Client form Visual Studio and installed version Beta 2. It looks like to be working fine with Visual Studio and some bugs like missing icons in Solution Explorer were fixed.
But now I can not use RTC to Chek-In operation because the only option that I have in Team option is Apply Patch...
What I mean is that when I open my RTC 1.0.1 and try to use TC to manage my source files, and I right-click a project an choose Team option, the unique option that I have is Apply Patch...
Any idea?
Thanks

Hi Carlos

I went through the same installation process as you - and I am not seeing the problems you are having. I was sure to uninstall beta1, reboot and then start VS at least once before installing beta2. I am using VS2008.

Check you have enabled VS to use TeamConcert as the source code provider. Also - try creating a brand new VS project (in a completely different directory to the one your other code is in).

Just some ideas - hope one of them helps

regards

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.