It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Data Collecton Jobs - Failed

Ketan Divecha (261812) | asked Aug 07 '13, 9:47 a.m.
retagged Aug 08 '13, 5:18 p.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)

Hi,

I recently installed RRDI and connected to Jazz Data Warehouse, however I am unable to run reports (I get no data available message). So I decided to look at status of data collection jobs, and they are all failing. I have tried few things already but havent been able to resolve this, see screenshot. I have attached data warehouse connection roperties page. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. What I was wondering is if I have to set up OAuth consumer for DW connection, or is jazz ADMIN user fine.

3 answers

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Aug 07 '13, 10:05 a.m.
To troubleshoot this issue, you need to find the <app>-etl.log files.
Assuming you're using Tomcat, they are located in
<JazzServer>/server/logs
In case of WAS:
<WebSphere install dir>/AppServer/profiles/<profile name>/logs

There you will find the reason for the failures.

I see that it has never worked for you, so as the first step I would make sure your DW collection user (usually called dw_user) has the Data Collector license assigned, and is in the JazzAdmins role.

permanent link
Kot T. (1.5k11219) | answered Aug 07 '13, 10:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Agreed with Piotr's answer above. From your first screenshot, the user being used to run the ETLs is 'ADMIN'. If you use LDAP, this user has to be a valid LDAP user as well. Alternatively, you can create a consumer key and secret to be used here. (ref: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21591743)

permanent link
Ketan Divecha (261812) | answered Aug 08 '13, 10:51 p.m.
edited Aug 08 '13, 10:53 p.m.
thanks guys, I just dropped DW and reran the JTS setup in order to create DW tables. I belive the DW tables did not get created properly when I migrated from Derby to SQL server. Its all good now.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.