It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Data Collecton Jobs - Failed

Ketan Divecha (261812) | asked Aug 07 '13, 9:47 a.m.
retagged Aug 08 '13, 5:18 p.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)

Hi,

I recently installed RRDI and connected to Jazz Data Warehouse, however I am unable to run reports (I get no data available message). So I decided to look at status of data collection jobs, and they are all failing. I have tried few things already but havent been able to resolve this, see screenshot. I have attached data warehouse connection roperties page. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. What I was wondering is if I have to set up OAuth consumer for DW connection, or is jazz ADMIN user fine.

3 answers

permanent link
Ketan Divecha (261812) | answered Aug 08 '13, 10:51 p.m.
edited Aug 08 '13, 10:53 p.m.
thanks guys, I just dropped DW and reran the JTS setup in order to create DW tables. I belive the DW tables did not get created properly when I migrated from Derby to SQL server. Its all good now.

permanent link
Kot T. (1.5k11219) | answered Aug 07 '13, 10:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Agreed with Piotr's answer above. From your first screenshot, the user being used to run the ETLs is 'ADMIN'. If you use LDAP, this user has to be a valid LDAP user as well. Alternatively, you can create a consumer key and secret to be used here. (ref: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21591743)

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Aug 07 '13, 10:05 a.m.
To troubleshoot this issue, you need to find the <app>-etl.log files.
Assuming you're using Tomcat, they are located in
<JazzServer>/server/logs
In case of WAS:
<WebSphere install dir>/AppServer/profiles/<profile name>/logs

There you will find the reason for the failures.

I see that it has never worked for you, so as the first step I would make sure your DW collection user (usually called dw_user) has the Data Collector license assigned, and is in the JazzAdmins role.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.