It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Features of RTC 4.0

Pradnya Raste (351524) | asked Aug 07 '13, 5:30 a.m.

Hi,

I have been so far using RTC 3.0.1.1 and would be using 4.0 going forward. I was looking for a list of features of 4.0 or may be a comparison of v 3.0.1.1 and 4.0

I majorly would like to know if the new version provides any email functionality. the moment i make a change in workflow of any work item, would i be able to have an email which goes to a group of people automatically?

Comments
Pradnya Raste commented Aug 07 '13, 9:24 a.m.

by the way exact server version is going to be 4.0.0.1

4 answers

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Aug 07 '13, 5:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Aug 07 '13, 5:43 a.m.
Please see the "new and noteworthy" article for 4.0:
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/4.0?p=news

I'm not sure I understood your question on changing the workflow, are you asking about changing the state of a workitem, or changing the workflow of a workitem type?

Comments
Pradnya Raste commented Aug 07 '13, 5:44 a.m.

yes this is about changing the state. the moment someone changes a state, system should be able to trigger an email to a specific group.

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Aug 07 '13, 5:52 a.m.
It is possible even in RTC 3 to trigger an email upon state change. This will send the email to all the subscribers of the workitem.

Comments
Pradnya Raste commented Aug 07 '13, 9:22 a.m.

yes but for this for every item you have to mark people as subscriber or open work item and mark yourself as subscriber. :( i am looking for a default setting which we can do for certain people or may be if we can form a distribution list. any item created/modified/changed the people in this list will get mail.

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Aug 07 '13, 9:30 a.m.
I believe there is an RFE for that (well, for enhancing email notification options in general). I can't find it at the moment, as jazz search does not work for me.
Anyway, this is not possible in 4.0.0.1

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.