It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Features of RTC 4.0

Pradnya Raste (351524) | asked Aug 07 '13, 5:30 a.m.

Hi,

I have been so far using RTC 3.0.1.1 and would be using 4.0 going forward. I was looking for a list of features of 4.0 or may be a comparison of v 3.0.1.1 and 4.0

I majorly would like to know if the new version provides any email functionality. the moment i make a change in workflow of any work item, would i be able to have an email which goes to a group of people automatically?

Comments
Pradnya Raste commented Aug 07 '13, 9:24 a.m.

by the way exact server version is going to be 4.0.0.1

4 answers

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Aug 07 '13, 5:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Aug 07 '13, 5:43 a.m.
Please see the "new and noteworthy" article for 4.0:
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/4.0?p=news

I'm not sure I understood your question on changing the workflow, are you asking about changing the state of a workitem, or changing the workflow of a workitem type?

Comments
Pradnya Raste commented Aug 07 '13, 5:44 a.m.

yes this is about changing the state. the moment someone changes a state, system should be able to trigger an email to a specific group.

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Aug 07 '13, 5:52 a.m.
It is possible even in RTC 3 to trigger an email upon state change. This will send the email to all the subscribers of the workitem.

Comments
Pradnya Raste commented Aug 07 '13, 9:22 a.m.

yes but for this for every item you have to mark people as subscriber or open work item and mark yourself as subscriber. :( i am looking for a default setting which we can do for certain people or may be if we can form a distribution list. any item created/modified/changed the people in this list will get mail.

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Aug 07 '13, 9:30 a.m.
I believe there is an RFE for that (well, for enhancing email notification options in general). I can't find it at the moment, as jazz search does not work for me.
Anyway, this is not possible in 4.0.0.1

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.