It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does DOORS Next Generation support engineering symbols?

Manohar Rao (2211114) | asked Aug 06 '13, 6:38 p.m.
An engineering customer is asking whether it is possible to type in engineering symbols and equations within requirement text.  For example, support for symbols such as alpha, beta, exponent (power-of), etc.

I don't see any way of doing this, but am wondering if there's any way of adding this capability to the rich text editor that pops up when typing in text for a requirement artifact.

3 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Aug 06 '13, 7:13 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is no equation editor currently available in the editor.  I've seen customers using OfficeMath or the MS Equation Editor in Word docs and importing them in to RRC.  The equations are converted to images when inserted in to the requirement and this seems to work well.  I would suggest requesting an enhancement if you have a need for an equation editor built in to the rich text editor.  Hope it helps,

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Aug 06 '13, 8:26 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
DOORS NG / RRC store data in Unicode (UTF-8), so if you can create special characters in another program, you probably can copy/paste them into the rich text editor (I haven't tried this myself).  But not equations -- Ben's suggestion is best for that.

permanent link
Shirley Jhirad (514151) | answered Jan 22 '14, 7:50 a.m.

I opened RFE on the issue as i have clients with major issues as an equation editor is really important:

https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=84330

You can subscribe and describe your needs as well.

Thanks,

Shirley

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.