It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I deliver mutliple baselines to one stream.

Karandeep Chawla (944) | asked Aug 05 '13, 1:37 p.m.
I am importing streams from CVS to RTC.  I am using the cvs2svn tool to create an SVN dump file.  I am then importing the SVN dump file to RTC using the instructions given.

There are many baselines which are being created in the workspace that the import is taking place in.  I want to deliver each baseline to a stream, however view pending changes and delivering the changes only delivers the latest baseline.  I want all the baselines to be in the stream.  The only option I know is to manually right click each baseline in the pending changes and deliver each manually.

I have tried using the command line however I am not successful.  I was hoping I could use scm list baselines to get a list of baselines and then use the deliver command to deliver each baseline however this technique is not working for me.

Anybody know how I can do this?  I do not have the workspace loaded.

scm  deliver -r repo -v -s "My_Workspace" -t "My_Stream" -b baselineUUID

Comments
Shashikant Padur commented Aug 06 '13, 6:16 a.m. | edited Aug 06 '13, 6:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you had multiple pending baselines for a component to be delivered, then specifying the last baseline will deliver all the changes including the changes from the previous pending baselines. If you now list the baselines of the target workspace/stream you will only see the last baseline. This is the expected behavior.

With respect to the deliver command, I have raised a defect. https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=275426. Can you confirm if it is the same error you are seeing in your environment?

If the deliver operation is run within the sandbox, it works fine although you can specify only one baseline.

Karandeep Chawla commented Aug 06 '13, 9:46 a.m.

Shashikant,

That is also happening to me.  If I am not loading a workspace, then I should not have to be in a workspace to run a deliver command.  Is there anyway to get all the baselines separetly delivered? When I look at all the baselines in the component of a stream, I want to see each one.

Shashikant Padur commented Aug 07 '13, 1:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The only way (because of the above mentioned defect) via scm cli is to be in the sandbox and deliver the baselines one by one.

Karandeep Chawla commented Aug 07 '13, 12:19 p.m.

Shashikant,

I have tried the above by loading the workspace however I get an error saying this:

Problem running 'deliver':
Unable to resolve components for workspace

Not sure whats going on but it may be a defect.

Shashikant Padur commented Aug 08 '13, 5:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I just tried the deliver and was successfully able to deliver the baseline. By the way, accept is opposite of deliver so you could also use that to accept the baseline into the stream from another workspace or stream.

Try: scm  accept -r repo -v -s "My_Workspace" -t "My_Stream" -b baselineUUID
I tried accept and it worked remotely without being in the sandbox.

2 answers

permanent link
Karandeep Chawla (944) | answered Sep 04 '13, 7:56 p.m.
I was able to successfully deliver each baseline by using a script.
Process is to get each baseline number and deliver each separately.

permanent link
Henning Sternkicker (40626) | answered Aug 06 '13, 2:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you use the "scm status" subcommand, than you should see all the pending changes that needs to be delivered, in your case you should get the list of baselines to be delivered. From that output you can catch the BaselineUUIDs and use this in your deliver command, as you can have a list of baselines with the -b switch.

Hope that helps,

Henning

Comments
Shashikant Padur commented Aug 06 '13, 5:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

scm status will only work within a sandbox and does not give status for a workspace that has not been loaded.

Karandeep Chawla commented Aug 06 '13, 9:48 a.m.

Henning,

Shashikant is right.  I am not loading a workspace. The scm status command will only show me the pending changes if the workspace is loaded.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.