It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Command-line adapter

Zica Valsan (10124745) | asked Aug 05 '13, 7:25 a.m.
retagged Aug 08 '13, 4:16 p.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)
Hello,

I need to install a command line adapter for one of our customers sing RQM and in the help notes I have found an information which sounds a bit confusing to me: "The executable file java.exe must be accessible in the path."
On which machine should this jave.exe be: Tester machine, server machine or Target teste machine?

Thank you,
Zica

6 answers

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Aug 05 '13, 7:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Command Line Adapter requires Java to run but does not come with it's own copy so you must have Java installed and accessable in the path on the system where you are running the command line adapter.

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Aug 05 '13, 7:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Vica,
Here is a portion of the 'Read Me' that talks about pre-requisites for running the Command Line Adapter

Pre-requisites
--------------
Before running this adapter, please make sure that
- java.exe is accessible in the path. The version of JAVA required is 1.5 or later
- the input information is available to start the adapter, namely
o the Jazz repository URL, typically http://<qmserver>:<port>/qm
o a user ID to login to RQM that has appropriate licenses to login as an adapter
o the password or this user
o the project area, if not registering with the default "Quality Manager" project area.
NOTE: The context root "/qm" may need to change depending on your servers configuration. The Jazz repository URL should match the Public URI configured for your RQM server.

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Aug 05 '13, 8:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Vica,
One more quick note
If you haven't already, I would take quick look at the following article 

This will give a good foundation of the Command Line Adapater

Ara

permanent link
Stephane Leroy (1.4k149) | answered Aug 05 '13, 8:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Zica,

the part of the documentation you're referring to is dedicated to the Target machine:

Regards,
Stéphane

permanent link
manivannan sabarajan (14557) | answered Aug 05 '13, 5:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Configure Rational Quality Manager Adapter

1. Rational Quality Manager provides command line adapter to execute tests. In a standard installation, this adapter will be present in C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\qm\adapters\RQMCommandLineAdapter.zip. Extract and Copy RQM command line adapter folder to the client machine where JUnit scripts reside. In this example the script is copied to folder C:\RQM Adapter\RQMCommandLineAdapter.

2. Create a configuration file (Junitconfig.ini) to connect to RQM server. Execute following command from Command prompt

C:\RQM Adapter\RQMCommandLineAdapter> start.bat -repository https://jazz-server:9443/qm -user ADMIN -password ADMIN -adapter RQMAdapter -adapterName Mani-RQMJUnit -projectArea JKE+Banking+%28Quality+Management%29 -configFile Junitconfig.ini

User will get the following success response

The adapter is now connected
Created Commandline Adapter

Note:

• Please refer to "readme.txt" present in the RQMCommandLineAdapter folder for additional parameters
  • If you get error message at this stage, check for the input parameters and the Java setting (CLASSPATH, PATH). Following tec note can also be helpful http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21625634

permanent link
manivannan sabarajan (14557) | answered Aug 05 '13, 5:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The above was from my my article ---- instead of Junit , replace it by your cmd line adapter

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.