It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

10 Free Developer license

Ulf Sjöstedt (111) | asked Aug 04 '13, 11:49 p.m.
Hi!

I'm working on an OSLC service provider for a tool which I'd like to test it with RTC, so I'm looking at the "10 Free Developers" license. I have no other IBM/Rational products and I have no plans to use RTC in my production environment (as a team of one I don't need much in the way of tool support).
  1. Will this license enable me to run tests against my service provider?
  2. Can I run tests using RTC alone, or do I also need some other tool which integrates with RTC? I'm aware that'd be on its own license.
  3. Is it really unlimited in time?
  4. Can I install the software on two machines (using two of the ten licenses)? This would be my desktop and my laptop, so I can take my development on the road. Or at least to the local coffee shop. :)

3 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 16 '13, 9:53 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
My answers to all 4 questions would be "yes".   In particular, on 4, I'm not aware of any restriction on the number of servers in your organization that are running the "10 free developers" license.   But note that you cannot add additional licenses to a server running the "10 free developer" licenses.

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Aug 05 '13, 4:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
  1. -
  2. -
  3. Yes.
    The "10 Free Developers" license are not bound to 60 days.
    Only the evaluation licenses are limited to 60 days.
  4. I'm not sure, but I remember, that you are not allowed to run multiple "10 Free Developers" licenses in one organization. Pls. double check the license agreement. You are allowed to install as many JTS as you want for the 60 days eval period.

But if you have 2 "seperate" JTS (and "S" means Server, not client) installations, than you have seperate data, which as I assume, is not your intend.

I would think have ons JTS server - on your desktop - and when going to the coffee shop work on you local workspace of your (eclipse or visual studio or shell) client installed on the laptop. But when you do not have a internet connection to your desktop, you will not be able to work with work items.

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Aug 05 '13, 3:34 a.m.
Here is what I think:
1. Yes
2. I think you should be able to, depending on what exactly you want to do as OSLC has some limitations as well.
Search in Jazz.net library and forum and you will get lots of resources.
Visit http://open-services.net/ for OSLC specifications.
3. No. These licenses are 60 days time bound
4. Yes, you can install multiple copies of CLM and since the JTS application itself works as a license server, the license consumption can be independent. However, if you mean client server relationship then you can grant the laptop user the required licenses and connect to your server (desktop) from the coffee shop.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.