It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot run automatic test cases in RQM 4.0.2

Ignacio Barrau (11158) | asked Aug 02 '13, 11:01 a.m.
retagged Aug 02 '13, 1:25 p.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)
Hi, i have recently migrated from CLM 3.0.1.2 to 4.0.2. I thought the migration was perfectly working, but today i found a problem. I don't think the problem is in the migration, but i believe it was necessary to comment it.

The problem is that when i try to run a suite of automatic test cases, after pressing execute button. A pop-up message appears with the following text: "deferred operation failed". In the qm.log.txt says:

2013-08-02 10:08:32,095 [         http-bio-8292-exec-81]  ERROR com.ibm.rqm.execution.service                       - InstructionsGetHandler:marshal AQXEX5046E An execution adapter was unable to receive instructions. The adapter ID as seen in the Quality Manager Adapter Console: "16" Internal Adapter ID: "_eJgSx6gjEeKyEaspr4hQhQ"
2013-07-22 02:26:10,194 [       http-bio-9448-exec-1399] ERROR com.ibm.rqm.integration.service                     - AbstractGetHandler$1:processItems AQXIN5022E Error creating feed entry. This entry has not been included in the feed: instructions  UUID: _4KtjIvqxEeKuxf7b3-YEIg

I had already configured the command line adapter that was in RTC server "../qm/adapters" folder and in RQM the health is green.

Comments
Erica Tran commented Aug 02 '13, 1:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Ignoacio,

After the upgrade, to 4.0.2, did you also download the 4.0.2 version of the command line adapter and configure it?

Ignacio Barrau commented Aug 03 '13, 5:34 p.m. | edited Aug 03 '13, 5:35 p.m.

Hi Erica, thanks for answering. No, i haven't downloaded. I have copied from CLM4.0.2_installation_folder/server/conf/qm/adapters to the testing area. That command line adapter from there is the one i am trying to make it work.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Antoinette Iacobo (650712) | answered Aug 06 '13, 12:21 p.m.
 Hi Ignacio,

The deferred operation is from a defect regarding test cases or execution records with more than 240-250 characters including spaces. Please see APAR PM85305.  Shortening these or an upgrade to 4.0.3 will resolve this error.  
Ignacio Barrau selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ignacio Barrau commented Aug 07 '13, 8:13 a.m. | edited Aug 07 '13, 8:27 a.m.

I can't believe that is problem. I create a suite with 3 test cases and i can't run the suite (of course the name of all are no longer than 220 characters).

What else could it be?. If the test are manuals y can create a TER if they are automatic i can't.
I am thinking, my requirements could be the problem. I have windows 2003 x86 with 3gb ram.
Should i migrate from 4.0.2 to 4.0.3 even if have that problem and those requirements?

Ignacio Barrau commented Aug 07 '13, 11:37 a.m.

I found one with more than 250 characters in the TCER, thanks, it seems that was the problem. I will try the new command line adapter again (because i was in a computer with the previous version, not the 4.0.2 one).

With these evidence i may have permission to migrate to 4.0.3

One other answer

permanent link
Deepa Doraswamy (4712) | answered Aug 05 '13, 3:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Ignacio,

Does this happen for all the script executions? Can you verify if the length of the TCER name is greater than 250 chars? Could you please copy paste the TCER name?
Can you try running an automated script with a shorter TCER name?

Thanks and regards,
Deepa

Comments
Ignacio Barrau commented Aug 05 '13, 8:28 a.m.

Hi Deepa, thanks for the answer. 

I only have one script excecution, so yes. The name of the TCERs are automatically generated by RQM, so if the name will be larger than 250, it cuts it in 249 chars. The name of the TCER is "EDB_SUITE_ATC_AIX 5.3_Chrome 11_EM64T_Tomcat 4.1_HP LoadRunner_DB2 9.x_Build Forge Agent".
I have tryed with "Suite_Prueba_AIX_Chrome_AMD64_Tomcat_HP LoadRunner_DB2_Build Forge Agent" that was created with 2 automatic test cases to test a new TCER and i have the same error "deferred operation failed"...

Ignacio Barrau commented Aug 06 '13, 9:38 a.m.

I want to point something:

When i try to create a TER with automatic test cases, i have another "Deferred operation failed". This error seems to happen with automatic test cases. And i have a mysterious "Out of memory" sometimes in the server. I have increase my jvm memory and it gets worst, i throws Out of memory more often...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.