It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why uploading RTC_Developer-10_Unlocked.jar fail with timeout?

lei Zhou (621) | asked Aug 01 '13, 6:17 p.m.
Hi,

I just installed the free version of team concert (using CLM-Web-Installer-Win-4.0.3). When I click the "Add" link besides the "Client Access License Types" heading, and select the file RTC_Developer-10_Unlocked.jar, it always end with error saying "The upload did not complete in a reasonable amount of time; the server may be unavailableID CRJAZ1490E".

Could anyone help on this?

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Aug 01 '13, 6:38 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I haven't seen this before but wondering if you have a AV/Firewall tool in place that is preventing a .jar file from being uploaded to the server?

Comments
lei Zhou commented Aug 01 '13, 6:41 p.m. | edited Aug 01 '13, 6:42 p.m.

Thanks Benjamin.

I was using Windows 8 server, the file is on the server's hard drive, and there is no AV yet.
Does this require any port/protocol etc configured on Windows 8?

Lei

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Aug 02 '13, 12:34 p.m.
Does the server have internet access.  i ask because there was a recent forum post where the user saw the same behavior, and to resolve, they had to install the licenses on a server which had internet access.

Comments
lei Zhou commented Aug 02 '13, 1:48 p.m.

Yes it does. I wonder if Windows Firewall needs to be configured for some ports / protocoles?

Thanks,

Lei

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.