It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error - Filed Against not set. However, we have removed this from the Details template in Change Management area

MIchelle Sheggeby (1155) | asked Aug 01 '13, 10:52 a.m.

We currently have a number of products setup in Rational Change and Configuration Management area.   We have modified the Details area to reflect only what we want to see.   All of our other products works correctly and we can log defects.  One product gives us the following error when attempting to save a defect:  "Attribute "Filed Against" not set.  The "Filed Against" attribute needs to be set (work item <9:40:44>).

I have gone in and added and then tested and it works.  I remove it from the template again and the error is given.  It's setup with the same setup of all of our others.

Our Details area has:

Project Area, Team Area, Type, Severity, Found In, Requestor (customer attribute), Due Date, Priority, Estimate, Time Spent, Owned By, Fixed In (custom attribute) and Release (customer attribute). 

Filed Against is not hidden, nor displayed, because I went in and removed it by the X and then saved the project.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 01 '13, 5:54 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 01 '13, 5:54 p.m.
Unless you want all of your work items to be assigned to the same team area, you will need to expose the "Filed Against" field, since that is the field that determines what Team Area the work item is assigned to.

permanent link
Clement Liu (1.5k54249) | answered Aug 01 '13, 11:09 a.m.
Hi Michelle,

You might need to remove the "Filed Against" as the mandatory field. Here is how:

Hope it helps. Thanks.

Comments
MIchelle Sheggeby commented Aug 01 '13, 11:14 a.m. | edited Aug 01 '13, 5:45 p.m.

Where do I find a screen like yours?   I have the following:

This is our screen layout

Clement Liu commented Aug 01 '13, 11:18 a.m.

It's only available On Eclipse UI :) 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.