It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why are migration handlers not instantiated in repotools?

Matthew Dawson (211) | asked Jan 14 '09, 2:27 p.m.
I've got an intermittent problem that I can't figure out. When running repotools -import from within an InstallationManager-driven install, I see errors in my repotools_createTables.log that look like:

com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1101I Failed to create service "com.example.foo": com.example.foo.service.migration.FooMigrationHandler.
... <stack> ...

Caused by:
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in "com.example.foo.service" was unable to instantiate class "com.example.foo.service.migration.FooMigrationHandler".

The referenced class meets all of the requirements for a migration handler - it's public, it has a public default constructor, and it doesn't have any prerequisite services.

This only seems to happen when running within our installer. When we run repotools by hand we can't reproduce the problem.

Repositories that experience this problem are rendered unusable. The runtime log generates errors with:

com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1135I Failed to find the service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseStateService" with a matching filter "(databaseExists=true)".

I don't have any direct evidence of a causal relationship between the repotools -createTables exceptions and the subsequent report that the repository is unusable, but I also don't have any other errors in the repotools log that would give me any clues as to what's going on.

Does anybody out there have any experience with this sort of behavior?

One answer

permanent link
Matthew Dawson (211) | answered Jan 14 '09, 4:52 p.m.
This is being tracked as Jazz Foundation work item #67892.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.