It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unsubscribe through the REST API?

Mike Shkolnik (9808161143) | asked Jul 31 '13, 1:42 p.m.
How do I unsubscribe someone from a workitem through the REST API? I imagine I need to pass it the itemId of both the workitem and the user, but I need the syntax. Or perhaps I can login (through the REST API, which I know how to do) and then pass it an "unsubscribe me" command, thus only needing the itemId of the workitem.

If someone can let me know the syntax, I will create a utility with a UI to make it happen. It will bring up a list of work items, check a bunch of them, then unsubscribe from the checked items. There is currently no feature in RTC for bulk unsubscribe, and it is sorely needed.

2 answers

permanent link
long TRUONG (3654118146) | answered Jan 25 '15, 6:08 p.m.
 Have not venture into REST API for this yet, but found a way to unsubscribe in bulk: see Q 72836 (

Is there a way to unsubscribe to several items at once?)

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9808161143) | answered Aug 05 '13, 5:20 p.m.
Well, I figured out how to get a list of subscribers for a specific work item:

https://SERVER:PORT/jazz/oslc/workitems/__mxaQCTEEeKyt8CTbweGrw/rtc_cm:subscribers

Now how do I turn that into a subscribe or unsubscribe command for "{currentUser}" ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.