It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RequestRemoteEnterpriseProcessUpdatesTask

Michael Toole (31168) | asked Jul 31 '13, 1:29 p.m.

We are getting diagnostic errors on a re-occuring basis and just one of the errors we get is below:

CRJAZ1992E The "com.ibm.team.process.RequestRemoteEnterpriseProcessUpdatesTask" task could not be completed and is now unscheduled. Error details: "CRJAZ0368E A database query could not run on the server. stmt = select distinct t1.ITEM_ID, t1.STATE_ID, t1.INTERNAL_LAST_UPDATE_ATTEMPTED from PROCESS.PROCESS_PROVIDER_CACHE_ITEM t1 order by t1.INTERNAL_LAST_UPDATE_ATTEMPTED asc"

I look in the jt.log file and i find this error:
ERROR com.ibm.team.repository                             - CRJAZ2654E The server was unable to connect to the database because the database connection syntax is invalid. Verify the syntax in your teamserver.properties file. See the Jazz Team Server log for more information.
com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.DisconnectNonTransientConnectionException: [jcc][t4][2043][11550][4.14.121] Exception java.net.ConnectException: Error opening socket to server teamdb4.amdws.hsv.com/158.114.137.91 on port 50,000 with message: Connection timed out: connect. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=08001

The only resolution is to restart the service on the RTC Server.

So, i looked at the teamserver.properties file and this is the line for the jdbc connection:

com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=//teamdb4.amdws.hsv.com\:50000/JTS\:user\=db2admin;password\={password};

is the formatting wrong?  we just upgraded to 4.0.3 from 4.0 and didnt touch these...

will the slashes cause this error?

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Aug 01 '13, 3:25 a.m. | edited Aug 01 '13, 3:30 a.m.

Hi Michael,
It could be great to check what is your network status when the issue happens. Could you run

netstat -a -o

when the issue happens? This will show us how many threads are trying to connect to the database and what is database status.Also it could be great if you are able to connect to the database manually. Could you try running following command:

telnet teamdb4.amdws.hsv.com 50000

What is the result of this command?

Also, have you observed any patterns when the issue happens? (specific time of the day, you are running particular operation on the server etc.)
And the last question when did the issue appear first? What were the particlular actions you had performed before the issue appear first (e.g. upgrading db2 version, adding new users to RTC, upgrading RTC etc.)

One answer

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Jul 31 '13, 2:51 p.m.
I have noticed this error occurring when either the databases are not reachable, inconsistent network between the application server and the database server and as the error suggest if the jdbc connection times out.
You can increase the timeout value and from the Admin page -> Database Connection -> JDBC Connection pool wait time and see how it goes.
Madhu mentioned the same resolution in this earlier post

Comments
Michael Toole commented Jul 31 '13, 2:56 p.m.

ive changed all the jdbc pool wait times and still hasn't had any effect.  yes i read that past as well...

the network isn't a problem either...

Indradri Basu commented Aug 01 '13, 3:40 a.m.

I am assuming this is happening intermittently and rest of the time everything works fine. Hence this cannot be a firewall issue nor anything related to connection string or db2admin user credentials. If you think the network is also fine then another possible reason I can think of for this error to appear in the logs could be when and if the database goes offline for backups. You may want to compare the timestamps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.