It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to take a snapshot of Project Area in RTC?

Girish Mohite (21278) | asked Jul 31 '13, 9:31 a.m.
Hi

Can you please advise if its possible to create a snapshot of entire Project Area in RTC ?
Restoring it should get me the all the streams states as they were at the time of snapshot.

Please advise if there is an alternate way of achieving this?

Regards

Girish Mohite

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Aug 01 '13, 3:08 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Do you just want to restore the stream states, or do you want to restore the state of all of the artifacts in the project area (plans, work items, etc.)?

3 answers

permanent link
Alex Moore (812) | answered Jul 31 '13, 9:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Girish,

It's not possible to take a snapshot of a PA only the workspace.  Snapshots are useful for capturing the state of a workspace, and are typically used to record important workspace configurations so that they can be recreated.

Thanks...Alex

Comments
Girish Mohite commented Jul 31 '13, 9:53 a.m.

Hi Alex

Thank you for your response

I am currently working a migration project where a project area can contains many streams and snapshots etc.If there is any issue during the migration i am having to start the entire migration again to be able to debug the problem.

Can you advise if there is an alternate way to bring my Project Area back to a certain time ?

Regards

Girish Mohite

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Jul 31 '13, 9:54 a.m.
To achieve this, I would simply take a DB dump at the desired point. Restoring it will give you a snapshot of the entire repository (all project areas).

permanent link
Thomas Yu (45183) | answered Aug 01 '13, 6:50 a.m.
Currently, It doesn't support to backup a single project area with the repotools. Instead, repotools export tool will export all the data in the repository including the project area.So, the way I could see is backup the whole repository with repotools export.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.