It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Lost Functionality in RTC CCM 4.0.3 SVN PlugIn no Longer configurable

Wendy Murphy (1512633) | asked Jul 30 '13, 12:59 p.m.
We have upgraded from RTC 4.0.2 CCM to RTC 4.0.3 dowloaded the IBM RTC Eclipse Client. Need to add the SVN plugin to tie revisions to work items. Following the IBM instructions to configure the plugin the options are no longer available in the 4.0.3 RTC client? There is no reference in the release notes or news worthy information to indicate that this functionality has been removed? Has anyone else seen this behavior. We are using Windows 7 workstations.

This is the Eclipse RTC client version downloaded from jazz.net

Rational Team Concert

Version: 4.0.3

Build id: RTC-I20130517-1856

We can install the 4.0.2 RTC Client and the functionality is there and configurable as indicated in the documentation found on Jazz.net.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. we did open a PMR for this issue.

2 answers

permanent link
Wendy Murphy (1512633) | answered Jul 30 '13, 1:29 p.m.
This is what we have tested. It appears if you do a fresh install of 4.0.3 RTC Eclipse Client it does not work.

here are the results
RTC 4.0.2 Eclipse Client installed SVN Plugin Installed and Configured works
RTC 4.0.2 Eclipse Client installed with SVN Plugin Installed and Configured, upgrade to RTC 4.0.3 works
RTC 4.0.2 Eclipse Client installed no SVN Plugin Upgrade to RTC 4.0.3 install SVN Plugin able to configure works
RTC 4.0.3 Eclipse Client fresh install, install SVN Plugin unable to configure - broken no options in menus

Comments
Wendy Murphy commented Jul 30 '13, 4:05 p.m.

we have extended our testing and found the following on the Jazz.net site there are two packages available for download
Client for Eclipse 3.6.x IDE
Client for Eclipse 4.2.x IDE

when installed they show the same data for version

Rational Team Concert

Version: 4.0.3

Build id: RTC-I20130517-1856

Rafael Hayama commented Jul 30 '13, 4:21 p.m. | edited Jul 30 '13, 4:29 p.m.

Hi Wendy,

Given the test cases you provided in here, I would suggest opening a defect against Eclipse Client at the Rational Team Concert Project Area.

Concerning the Plugin Build - I assume they are the same as they refer to the same package adapted for different versions of Eclipse IDE, and as such should contain no real difference between Helios or Juno.

For your reference (which I think might explain the behaviour - testcases 2 and 3 - as even though they were updated to 4.0.3 the client is still Helios 3.6)

- 4.0.2 is based on 3.6 (Helios)

4.0.2 Eclipse base version

- 4.0.3 is based on 4.2 (Juno)

4.0.3 Eclipse base version

Regards, Rafael.

permanent link
Wendy Murphy (1512633) | answered Jul 31 '13, 3:32 p.m.
There is an open defect 274862 for this issue. It is an IM packaging issue. The work around is to install a generic eclipse client, use the RTC-Client-p2Repo-4.0.3.zip through the Eclipse Help --> Install New Software
select add --> use the archive selection to traverse to the location of the zip file. Run the installations ensuring you click Group items by category.

The Jazz SVN Connections are still categorized in a different menu Window-->show view-->other--File System

The rest of the configuration for SVN Plugin follows the same instructions for previous versions. Works fine.

Hope this helps others....

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.