It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CC RTC Synchronization fails: case sensitive username?

Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | asked Jul 30 '13, 8:45 a.m.
retagged Aug 12 '13, 11:06 a.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)
Hi there,

I'm facing the error, that the synchronizer fails because there is some kind of login case sensitivity.

Is there any possibility to prevent the synchronizer to fail?
Or ... other question ... is there any possibility to get this matched? When I log into jazz.net he takes a special case, e.g. upper case, even when typing the username in lower case.
This seems to be something like the user is created in AD ...

Greetings,
Simon

2 answers

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Jul 30 '13, 9:20 a.m.
In Jazz, on the advanced properties page, you have the UseCaseSensitiveUsernameMatching property.
This needs to match the case sensitivity setting of your LDAP (or whatever you use).

It seems that you are using case insensitive matching, and the user is stored in LDAP as uppercase, hence, this is what is sent to the synchronizer. The case in which you type the username when logging in is not relevant, as the username is not forwarded directly from your login form to the synchronizer.

Comments
Abraham Sweiss commented Jul 30 '13, 9:56 a.m. | edited Aug 01 '13, 8:55 p.m.

Hi simon,

When modifying the case sensativity in CLM, I believe this will need to be done for each application.

and there is one gotcha: If case sensativity is set to be enabled from disabled, then there is the risk of creating duplicate users in CLM.  If this occurs, these duplicate users will need to be manually changed and archived.

Simon Eickel commented Jul 31 '13, 1:05 a.m.

Hi Piotr,
thanks for this information but this was done long ago:
jts advanced props:

ccm advanced props:

The problem is not that I have to connect to the Jazz repository in this case the user is synchronized from AD.
I think the problem is that when I connect to the Jazz repository the connection will be established in either case. BUT the connected string looks similar to the kind the user is created in AD.

E.g. I log in using lower case taking a look for the connection later on it's written in Eclipse in upper case ... why? I did the logon in lower case ...

So the connect to the Jazz repository is working in both cases. This means the property is working fine

Simon Eickel commented Jul 31 '13, 1:05 a.m.

Hi Abraham,
pls see my comment on Piotr's answer

permanent link
Masabumi koinuma (46115) | answered Jul 30 '13, 10:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Simon,

Can you simply change the synchronization user ID to the upper case, and resync? This page may help you figure out how to change the user ID:

https://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m3/topic/com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cc.doc/topics/t_sync_edit_stream.html

Comments
Simon Eickel commented Jul 31 '13, 3:41 a.m.

Hi Masabumi,
thanks for this link - it looks familiar to me ;)
Unfortunately this page does not describe how to change the user ID:

There are two parts:
This is the screen of the synchronizer which user the synch user is:

And this is the user who is logged on in Jazz:

The user id is always written in upper letters even when connecting using lower laters.

The only parts where I found user ids inside of the Synchronization props are those parts:
Jazz Provider Properties:

ClearCase Provider Properties:

Simon Eickel commented Jul 31 '13, 3:41 a.m.

Even when changing the "ClearCase Login Name" of the ClearCase Provider Properties it doesn't change the "ClearCase User ID" of the Details screen (first snipped).

Changing the "Sync User ID" to upper case fixes the problem - sometimes.

My opinion is that this should work anyway as the case sensitivity should do nothing if the synchronizer whould match it correctly.

Masabumi koinuma commented Jul 31 '13, 12:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Oh, apologies I wasn't clear enough. I meant to change the synchronization user ID on the Team Concert tab of the Synchronized Stream editor. You probably have already changed it from the Properties panel, anyway.

Simon Eickel commented Aug 01 '13, 1:22 a.m. | edited Aug 01 '13, 8:56 p.m.

Hi Masabumi,

I think for this there is no solution at the moment, am I right?
In such a case I have opened an Enhancement Request on Jazz.net (CC RTC Synchronizer should allow case insensitivity) to support the structure that the RTC synchronization ID and the ClearCase usrt ID are not in the same notation.

Thanks for your help!

Greetings,
Simon

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.