It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding columns to history view

Vijayakumar B (22610) | asked Jul 29 '13, 5:03 p.m.
edited Jul 30 '13, 2:19 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)

we have a requirement like History view in RTC, should show some addition columns like baseline of the file, last build time /date, review approvals in addition to the columns like merge, description, created and last modified dates.

Can any one please help how this can be achieved. i use RTC 4.0.1 client.

2 answers

permanent link
Vijayakumar B (22610) | answered Aug 02 '13, 10:33 a.m.
Thanks Ralph, after little exploration , we have dropped this requirement. But i want to try this out on my local and see what i get.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 30 '13, 2:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't think this can be achieved. As far as i can tell, there is no extension point to do that and there are limits anyway for what you can do with extending Views. You might have to create your own view, which is probably not easy, especially if you want it to be fast as well.

You can extend some views by providing a label decorator. The easiest way is implement a class that

extends LabelProvider implements        ILightweightLabelDecorator
and extends
org.eclipse.ui.decorators
However, this seems to work only for tree views. You can check with http://Eclipse.org if there are other approaches.

You can find some example code in https://hub.jazz.net/project/rschoon/Jazz%20In%20Flight In the Stream RTC Extensions in the RTC Client Extensions component. The Projects are named com.ibm.field.team.scm.navigator.iddecorator* .

However, I did the project as a desperate measure and I believe you should not attempt this.

PS: Please try to improve on tagging. Questions like this should usually be tagged with extending.

Comments
Tim Mok commented Jul 30 '13, 9:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is correct. The History view doesn't provide extension points to add more columns. The code is internal as well so anything you would want to create wouldn't be supported or guaranteed to work in future releases.

The columns you want aren't provided either with API at the moment so it's not trivial to add. This would have to be an enhancement.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.