It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I set the MIME type for all files using magic.properties when running as "SYSTEM" on Windows machine?

Chris P (111912) | asked Jul 25 '13, 2:24 p.m.
 I've created a magic.properties to set the mime of *.sas to text/plain and placed it in C:\Temp\.jazzscm with contents as follows:
*.sas: mime: text/plain

Running the following command:

scm --config "C:\Temp" checkin --checkin-deleted -d "C:\source" -v myComponent

Successfully checks in all the files, however, the jazz.mime is not getting set via the magic.properties file.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

One answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jul 25 '13, 3:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Comments
Chris P commented Jul 25 '13, 5:56 p.m.

If that's the case, where is the home directory for "SYSTEM" in windows server 2008 R2?

I'm assuming it's under "C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile", and i've tried the .jazzscm folder there as well with no luck :-(

Tim Mok commented Jul 26 '13, 9:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

For Windows users, the home directory is your user directory (i.e. c:\Users{username}). As reference for others, Linux systems would be /home/{username}.

Chris P commented Aug 14 '13, 11:35 a.m.

The process running the scm.exe is the windows SYSTEM account, which doesn't have a directory in C:\Users.

Tim Mok commented Aug 14 '13, 11:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

http://serverfault.com/questions/9325/where-can-i-find-data-stored-by-a-windows-service-running-as-local-system-accou

It sounds like you could check %APPDATA% or %LOCALAPPDATA%.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.