It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I view the Editor Presentation Code for the Risk Matrix?

Evan Edwards (231014) | asked Jul 25 '13, 12:38 p.m.
edited Jul 25 '13, 12:39 p.m.

I am using a Risk Work Item and the Risk Matrix coloring and the Impact percentage does not exactly comply with the risk management process used in our project. Is there a way to see the Editor Presentation Code for the Risk Matrix so I can build my own risk matrix that complies with the project risk management process?

There is a forum already related to this question called: "Editing the Risk Cube Work Item" and Arne Bister (JAZZ DEVELOPER) answered the question on Jul. 12, 2011 at 8:18 a.m. that there is a way to edit or create a new one and use that risk presentation. I like the look of the current risk matrix so I would like to see the code so I can modify the risk matrix to meet our risk management needs.  

I would like to create a new matrix that the color scheme complies with our risk management process and change the Impact percent to a number schema. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

One answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Jul 25 '13, 9:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 25 '13, 9:39 p.m.
currently the ability to customize the risk matrix or in particular make it a generic matrix which can then be customized for various purposes seems to be an enhancement request :
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=168516
i suggest adding your comments directly on the enhancement item

some idea can be framed though referring to com.ibm.team.tpt.web.ui plugin available from your installation:
conf\ccm\sites\rtc-commons-update-site\plugins\com.ibm.team.tpt.web.ui_3.0.600.v20130424_0451\resources\risk

i looked at the sdk and couldn't find the source exposed.  so i assume your best chances are with the enhancement request while you can understand some css and some scripts behind the risk matrix referring to the resources folder available with the web.ui plugin.

hope this helps.

Comments
Evan Edwards commented Jul 30 '13, 4:14 p.m.

I am aware of the enhancement listed above to be able to modify the Risk Matrix however that doesn't solve my issue.

Arne Bister (Jazz Developer) responded to the "Editing the Risk Cube Work Item" question saying:

To actually modify the underlying risk matrix presentation, you'd have to edit the extension or create a new one. Looking in the --> Editor Presentations and choosing "com.ibm.team.workitem.editor.risk", if you look at the Risk Matrix entry in the Details tab, you will find it uses "com.ibm.team.tpt.presentation.risk.matrix".

I would like to know where to find the com.ibm.team.tpt.presentation.risk.matrix to view and/or edit the extension or how to go about creating a new oneĀ using the current risk matrix presentation as a reference?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.