It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BIRT report export asks to confirm on navigate away

Anitha Nalluri (311010) | asked Jul 25 '13, 7:13 a.m.
Hi,
When I click on export of the customized BIRT report, it twice asks me confirmation on leaving the page.
A pop-up comes and the message reads: "Are you sure you want to Navigate away from this page?" We can choose to Leave page or stay page.

This does not come when I export built in reports.

I tried this in Mozilla and IE. Please suggest a way to avoid this pop-up.

Comments
Clement Liu commented Jul 25 '13, 8:34 a.m.

What is the version of your RTC?  

Anitha Nalluri commented Jul 25 '13, 8:43 a.m.

RTC 4.0.1 and the report is developed with BIRT 2.5 version

One answer

permanent link
Alanna Zito (1.3k3) | answered Jul 25 '13, 10:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The issue with the confirmation dialog appearing twice has been fixed in 4.0.3 (see _handleExport in ReportViewer.js is called twice when exporting a report (210518)); however, the dialog will still pop up once if there are unsaved changes on the page (for example, if you've changed the report parameters without saving, or edited a work item).  It should not matter whether you are exporting a built-in or a custom report.  The only way to avoid the pop up is to make sure that all changes on the page have been saved.

Comments
Anitha Nalluri commented Jul 25 '13, 11:00 p.m.

Hello Alanna,
Thanks for the response. What do you mean by "if you've changed the report parameters without saving" ???

My scenario is, in RTC 4.0.1, I run the report, once the report is open, I click on the export button. I gives me pop up twice. Let me know, if I need to do any other step to avoid this pop up.

Alanna Zito commented Jul 26 '13, 12:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I mean that you had modified the values for one or more of the report parameters, but not hit "Save". 

As I said in my answer, it is not possible to avoid the pop up if you have any unsaved changes on the page.  However, as of 4.0.3, the pop up should only appear once, instead of twice.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.