It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Running report causes "Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc. "

Adriano Fanelli (2322929) | asked Jul 24 '13, 10:24 a.m.
edited Mar 12 '14, 7:23 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103)
Hi All,
      I receive the following error message:
+ An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:
Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.
    org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Cannot load JDBC Driver class: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver.     
I have a BIRT report created which uses JDBC datasource inside. RTC 4.0.3 on AIX and I'm using WAS 7.x
I have the DB2 JDBC jars (db2jcc.jar & db2jcc_license_cu.jar) added into the " org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_2.6.2.r262_v20110127.jar "  using " jar uf ..... " .
I've done a serverReset ... but nothing changed ...
Any suggestion or help?
p.s. before the upgrade from RTC 4.0.1 to RTC 4.0.3 the 'Custom Reports' was working fine.
Thanks in advance, Adriano

One answer

permanent link
Fernando Michelutti (5113) | answered Aug 09 '13, 10:14 a.m.
Hello Adriano,

I've seen this before and It started working fine, after the user cleared the contents of folders temp and wstemp under App Server profile directory, followed by a restart:

1) Stop the profile hosting RTC
2) Clear the following directories:
...IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\wstemp
...IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\temp\wscache
...IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\temp\<NodeName>\server1
3) Restart the profile.

Give it a try and let us know if it fix the problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.