It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Add users dynamically to Build Forge adapter

Jozef Vandenmooter (16332833) | asked Jul 23 '13, 8:29 a.m.
Does anyone know how to easily add people who did not make any code changes to the Build Forge notification list? The only way in which I got this to work is by adding them to the adapter's code.
I changed the following:
    <adduser group="MyChangers" user="$4"/>
To:
    <adduser group="MyChangers" user="userid_1"/>
    <adduser group="MyChangers" user="userid_2"/>
    <adduser group="MyChangers" user="userid_3"/>

However, this is very inconvenient:

Thanks,

Jozef

2 answers

permanent link
Jozef Vandenmooter (16332833) | answered Oct 12 '15, 4:12 p.m.

Just updating this thread with the fact that I submitted a PMR (07626,004,000) for the problem that the adaptor is no longer able to send a notification email to a group when switching to the MJC.

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Jul 23 '13, 8:41 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 There is .email, but that sends an step_email template email to a user.  There is no way to add them to a group temporarily for a notification.  The adaptor is the only way to do that.

~Spencer

Comments
Jozef Vandenmooter commented Jul 23 '13, 8:45 a.m.

Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to specify the name of a BF access group in the adapter somehow??

Jozef

Joshua Keefe commented Jul 23 '13, 7:55 p.m.

You can.
You will simply need to list the Access Group by name under the <adduser> element in the adaptor instead of a username.

ie:
<adduser group="MyChangers" user="Notify Group"/>

Jozef Vandenmooter commented Aug 09 '13, 3:33 p.m.

Wow - works! Thanks Josh!!

Jozef

Jozef Vandenmooter commented Oct 07 '15, 2:49 p.m.

I'm disappointed to have to report that this does not work anymore when using the new Java engine... The value passed is not interpreted as a group anymore, but as a user, which of course does not exist.

Any ideas on how to get this back to work when using the MJC?

Thanks,

Jozef  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.