It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does creating a TSER create TCERs for the test cases within the Test Suite?

Jason Kozar (1388) | asked Jul 22 '13, 6:53 p.m.

Hi,

I am trying to report on the Not Run Test Suites and Test Cases within my project.  I can see the Test Suites that are not run because I have created a TSER for each of them but I cannot see the Test Cases that are not run.  Do I have to create a TCER for these as well?  It seems that by creating the TSER it should generate the TCERs for the test cases within it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jul 23 '13, 6:21 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Creating a TSER does not create a TCER for each associated test case.  However, when you run the TSER, a TCER (and Test Case Result) is created for each executed test case.  TCERs do not need to be created manually.

Comments
Jason Kozar commented Jul 23 '13, 11:50 a.m.

Thanks Paul.  Is there a way to see the number of outstanding test cases within your test suites that are not run compared to those that are run? 

Paul Slauenwhite commented Jul 24 '13, 8:21 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately, you cannot track unexecuted test cases from the UI.  When you test suites, you would track unexecuted test suites.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.