It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is mail notification available when creating a work item through REST API

Helen Yao (1145) | asked Jul 22 '13, 8:00 a.m.
The mail notification works when creating a work item via GUI, but while creating it through REST API, the subscriber does not get any mail. How can I make it happen?

One special point of the case is, the creator and subscriber is the same one, is this the cause why there is no notification?

3 answers

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Jul 25 '13, 6:21 a.m.
BTW, I just noticed you wrote the creator and subscriber is the same user.
In this case there will be no notification, even if you create a WI via web UI, as it would be redundant.
Similarly, you won't get an update notification if you are the one to make the update (as you already know you did it, and the email is not necessary).

Comments
Helen Yao commented Jul 25 '13, 7:24 a.m.

Thanks, Piotr. My case is, we are using a functional ID to create work item thru RESTful API, and we want all the Admins can be notified about this work item.

We plan to utilize the mail rule to forward the notification to a group of people.

As you mentioned, the functional id won't get any notification when setting it as owner or subscriber, so there is no way to let the admin know what is going on.

Do you have any way that will be helpful to us?

Piotr Aniola commented Jul 25 '13, 7:55 a.m.

if you are using the REST API, it means you need to have some sort of client that issues REST calls to the Jazz server. If the code of this client is under your control, you could send the notification email from there.

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Jul 25 '13, 6:14 a.m.
edited Jul 25 '13, 6:18 a.m.

Yes,
in Eclipse, you open the Project Area editor,
on the Overview Tab you find yourself in the project members list
right click on your username and select "Open" from the context menu
a user editor is open, you will find mail configuration in the last tab of this editor.

permanent link
Antoinette Iacobo (650712) | answered Jul 22 '13, 11:57 a.m.
 y h: 
If you browser to .../ccm/admin > Users > select the user ID in the list > Mail Configuration. 
Here you will see the available settings.  For "Work Item was created or reopened", is "Subscriber" checked?  If not, check this box. 

Comments
Helen Yao commented Jul 25 '13, 3:31 a.m.

Thx for your information. But my project was hosted by csnext which means I cannot access the CCM admin page. Is there any way I can try with the RTC client?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.