It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Trying to generate license report using BIRT

Rajat Singh (59833545) | asked Jul 21 '13, 5:23 a.m.
Hi Team

In RTC 4.0.x I see that there is a license ETL; I presume this could be used to generate the license reports using BIRT.
In my Datasource, I have LICENSE_SNAPSHOT; however when I go to the data set, I do not get any option to retrieve the data.

Let me know if I am missing anything here.

Best Regards
Rajat

2 answers

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Jul 22 '13, 5:05 a.m.

I recommend to take the BIRT reports, delivered with Jazz, as template.

You find them in File: com.ibm.team.repository.service_1.2.1300.v20130215_0317.jar  (for V.4.2)

This file is available on each application in sites\update-site\plugins folder.
E.g. C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer_JTS_402\server\conf\jts\sites\update-site\plugins

I did some changes in this files, to have the Tooltip with number of licenses enabled and to have the license usage also as data table available.

I have created an Enhancement Request in jazz.net and uploaded my changes, incl. a micro report to have the license statistic on a dashboard. See:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=255947

permanent link
Clement Liu (1.5k54249) | answered Jul 21 '13, 12:42 p.m.
The data is not stored in the rtc data mart, which is why you couldn't get to it. It's in jts data warehouse and you'll probably need to use RDDI for reporting. Check this out:

Hope it helps. Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.